4 Ingredient Brightening Lemon + Turmeric Face Mask
Winter is upon us and there's nothing like those cold winter months to threaten your healthy glowing skin. I've created a brightening lemon and turmeric mask that'll keep your skin glowing and hydrated all year round. This mask is great for all skin types but is especially beneficial for those with oily and acne-prone skin.
The main ingredient for the brightening lemon and turmeric mask is turmeric powder! This beautifully colorful spice isn't only delicious in traditional Indian drinks like golden milk but is an absolutely magical spice in a variety of skin-care products. Turmeric helps with age spots, reduces scarring and hyper-pigmentation, heals psoriasis and eczema, is anti-inflammatory, reduces redness, and brightens and tones skin.
Then we have one of my all time favorite ingredients to use in all masks- manuka honey! It contains a plethora of medicinal and healing properties. I found mine at Trader Joe’s but it can also be found on Amazon. Manuka honey originates in New Zealand and results from bees foraging on the flowers of the Tea Tree Plant aka manuka plant. Manuka honey is best known for healing acne and scarring, fighting infections, cleaning pores while gently exfoliating, and moisturizing, softening and rejuvenating skin. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and extremely high in antioxidants.
Yogurt isn't only amazing at getting rid of the bad bacteria in your gut, it's perfect for the skin as well. Yogurt has high levels of zinc and lactic acid, which is ultra nourishing and hydrating! The zinc present in yogurt does wonders at reducing sun spots and scars.
Lastly, is fresh lemon juice! Lemons are high in vitamin C which is great at brightening and evening skin tone. It acts as an anti-bacterial that alleviates acne while exfoliating skin. It's also amazing at reducing acne scars.
Brightening Lemon and Turmeric Face Mask Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon manuka honey
- 1 teaspoon plain/greek yogurt
- Juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon
How to Apply Mask
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Wash your hands and apply to a clean face.
- Leave mask on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off gently with warm water and a washcloth.
- Turmeric is known to stain. Wear a shirt you're not particularly fond of and dry your face with a darker towel.
- The brightening lemon and turmeric mask will leave a slight yellow tint on your skin. Be sure tone and wash your face with the SunKiss Organics Carrotseed Serum and SunKiss Organics Aloe Rose Toner.
Have you used Turmeric in any of your DIY skin-care products? Tell me in the comments below!
Loved it? PIN.IT.GIRL!