Valentines Day Strawberry Nice-Cream
In the past, I thought there was nothing I loved more than ice-cream. I mean who doesn't love that creamy, milky goodness? *Insert Drool* But nowadays I am completely obsessed with nice-cream! Nice-cream is a vegan alternative to ice-cream that is banana based, super simple to make and absolutely delicious.
My Valentines Day nice-cream is not only my favorite but my boyfriend can't get enough. This deliciousness is a guilt-free dessert that's healthy for you too!
Below you'll find the 10 Ingredients for my Valentines Day Nice-cream and why it's a must in your kitchen!
- Bananas aren't just a tasty treat but they're chock-full of potassium, fatty acids, and Vitamin B6! The American Heart Association states that eating 1-2 bananas a day can reduce your risk of having a stroke by 20%. They're also a great source of fiber and are high in fructooligosaccharides which feed the "good" bacteria in your digestive tract.
- Strawberries can improve your eye health, increase brain function, lower high blood pressure, alleviate arthritis and gout and improve a variety of cardiovascular diseases. Strawberries are also rich in polyphenolics and antioxidants which improve the immune system, and they've been known to prevent certain types of cancer.
- Coconut Milk improves heart health by lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol. It's also known to build muscle, help lose fat and weight. Additionally, it can help manage diabetes and blood sugar, improve your digestive system and prevent constipation.
- Dark Chocolate is an antioxidant-rich superfood that protects your body from disease-causing free radicals. It has the potential to prevent certain cancers, improve heart health, and is good for your overall cholesterol.
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut is high in protein, fiber, iron, and zinc! It can help lower your risk of heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer. Additionally, it improves your digestion and strengthens your immune system.
- Walnuts are rich in omega-3 and are a great source of monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid. They improve your heart health, boost bone health, improve metabolism, control diabetes, and reduce inflammation.
- Vanilla Extract is a powerful antioxidant with antibacterial properties that reduce inflammation and improve mental health. It also naturally lowers cholesterol.
- Honey is best known for being anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-fungal and extremely high in antioxidants. It helps with acid reflux, combats staph infections, prevents tooth decay and gingivitis, and also alleviates Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Hempseeds are a superfood rich in Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) which is known to improve ADHD, stabilize diabetes, lower risk of heart disease, reduce obesity, alleviate skin allergies, and arthritis.
- Cinnamon Powder is a high source of antioxidants, is anti-inflammatory, increases cognitive brain function, fights infections and viruses, and even freshens breath!
Valentines Day Nice-Cream Recipe:
- 2-3 Bananas
- 5-10 Strawberries
- 1 Cup of Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 Cup of Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 TSP of Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 TBSP of Honey
- 1 TBSP Hempseeds
- 1-2 Dashes of Cinnamon Powder
PRO TIP: Make your nice-cream 24-Hours before you plan on eating it so that it's nice and hard for your dessert.
My Valentines Day nice-cream is the perfect treat of your for Valentines Day or any day of the year!
Love this recipe?! Pin, like and share it with your tribe!
Are you interested in working with a Health Coach who understands what it's like to be completely overwhelmed, overweight, and exhausted? I'm your girl!
I know what's like to want to practice self-care but not have time. What's it's like to care about your eating habits, weight and lifestyle but not have direction or someone to keep me accountable. And let's just say it's much easier when you have someone on your team.
I WOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU CREATE THE LIFE OF YOUR DREAMS!
Check out my services and let's arrange your FREE Wellness Consultation today!