Turmeric Tonic: The Perfect Gut Healing Drink to Add to Your Morning Routine
I am so in love with my morning routine that sometimes I risk getting to work late just to finish it up! It might seem a little extreme but nothing sets my day up for success more than my morning routine. One of the key steps in my routine is my Turmeric Tonic. Over the years my classic Hot Lemon Water somehow evolved to an immune-boosting, gut healing, anti-inflammatory powerhouse!
This seven ingredients Turmeric Tonic has amazing benefits for your skin, gut, and overall health. Not to mention that it allows me to gift myself 5-mins of T.L.(Self)C. while I sip on this yummy hot drink.
Below you'll find the 7 Ingredients for my Turmeric Tonic and why they're a must in your kitchen!
- Turmeric Powder is a powerful anti-inflammatory high in antioxidants. It's a superfood used traditionally in Indian cuisine that helps combat PMS and pain causing hormones. Turmeric helps reduce age spots, scarring, and hyper-pigmentation while healing psoriasis and eczema.
- Black Pepper not only increases your circulation while improving your immune system but it can also heal respiratory issues. If you're using turmeric in a recipe black pepper is a must as it allows your body to more easily absorb nutrients into your bloodstream.
- Ginger Root gets your digestive system flowing while soothing inflammation and has been used to combat colds, heartburn, and nausea for centuries.
- Cinnamon Powder is a high source of antioxidants, is anti-inflammatory, increases cognitive brain function, fights infections and viruses, and even freshens breath!
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps regulate blood sugar levels while enhancing weight loss. It also lowers cholesterol and blood pressure while improving your skin health and relieving acid reflux.
- Lemons are high in vitamin C which is great for brightening and evening skin tone. It acts as an anti-bacterial that promotes weight loss, aids in digestion, and freshens breath.
- Manuka honey is best known for being anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-fungal and extremely high in antioxidants. It helps with acid reflux, combats staph infections, prevents tooth decay and gingivitis, and also alleviates Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Turmeric Tonic Recipe:
- 8 oz of Hot Water
- 1/2 TSP Turmeric Powder
- Dash Black Pepper
- Dash Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 inch of fresh Ginger Root
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 TSP Manuka Honey
PRO TIP: Sip your Turmeric Tonic first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach for maximum benefits.
My Turmeric Tonic is the perfect start to your day if you're seeking a drink that is hydrating and that can jumpstart your digestive system. It's also perfect if you feel yourself coming down with a cold or if you have indigestion. It's immune-boosting, gut healing, and anti-inflammatory powers are perfect to drink on an every day basis.
Can't wait to try this recipe or maybe you have a similar one that you enjoy? Let me know in the comments below!
Are you interested in working with a Health Coach who understands what it's like to be completely overwhelmed, overweight, and exhausted? I'm your girl!
I know what's like to want to practice self-care but not have time. What's it's like to care about your eating habits, weight and lifestyle but not have direction or someone to keep me accountable. And let's just say it's much easier when you have someone on your team.
I WOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU CREATE THE LIFE OF YOUR DREAMS!
Check out my services and let's arrange your FREE Wellness Consultation today!