Organic Curly Hair Routine: How Innersense Beauty & the L.O.C. method changed my life!
Six years ago I stopped chemically relaxing my hair and decided to embrace my natural curls. Unknowingly, my curly hair would be the catalyst for my holistic lifestyle and since then there's nothing that I love more than a brand that understands my values as a consumer. When I discovered Innersense Beauty, an organic hair care line, I had no idea how deeply I would love it! Yes- it was organic which is my #1 priority when purchasing products and I was extremely excited but I was also afraid to get my hopes up because I wasn't sure it would work. I decided to give it a chance and I couldn't be happier with the quality and effectiveness of Innersense.
Innersense specializes in an array of organic hair care products that range from super thirsty curls (like my own) to curls that are color treated and more. All of their products are made with one premise in mind "Beauty Without Compromise" and that is more than evident in the quality of their products.
The ingredients used are certified organic and they're so transparent about the ingredients they use that they even have an Ingredients Glossary that you can refer to if you're unsure of a specific ingredient. But let me tell you right now, you will not be disappointed! Innersense Beauty uses ingredients like coconut oil, tamanu oil, sage essential oil, aloe vera, and honey to create a line product that nourishes your hair without weighing it down.
What I love almost as much as the amazing ingredients that Innersense sources for their products, is the list of Ingredients they NEVER use! Some of the ingredients you will never find in their products are phthalates, parabens, petrochemicals, formaldehyde, artificial colors, and fragrances. Many of these ingredients are known to be carcinogenic and to cause other skin diseases such as psoriases and eczema. Not to mention that they do the opposite of nourishing your hair!
Now that you're all queued up on how glorious Innersense is not only for your curls but your health, let's dive deep into my favorite styling method- L.O.C. The L.O.C. method refers to the method in which you apply product to your hair- Leave-In Conditioner, Oil and Cream. Below I'll explain which Innersense Beauty products I use to wash, condition and style my hair.
- Hydrating Hair Bath is a creamy shampoo that cleanses your hair, boosts hydration and leaves your locks feeling oh so soft. The Innersense hair bath contains ingredients like coconut oil, Shea Butter and Tamanu seed oils with essential oils of sage and Ylang-Ylang that balance your scalp while creating a spa-like ambiance while you cleanse your curly hair. Trust me, wash day will no longer be a burden.
- Hydrating Cream Conditioner is an emollient-rich conditioner for thirsty hair like mine! It has a creamy consistency that hydrates and strengthens your hair using ingredients like Shea Butter, Tamanu, Flaxseed oils, Monoi oil, and Aloe to strengthen and nourish your hair while controlling frizz. Apply a healthy amount of conditioner to your hair and detangling your curly hair will be a breeze.
- Quiet Calm Curl Control (L) is the best product to eliminate frizz and smooth curly hair. The Shea Butter hydrates curls while ingredients like Rice Bran Oil and Oat Kernel Extract protect the hair. PRO TIP: If you choose to blow dry your hair, this is the perfect leave-in to protect your curls from heat. Did I mention that this baby smells like an orange creamsicle?!
- Harmonic Healing Oil (O) has a rich blend flower essences like Organic Safflower and Evening Primrose Oil that is ideal for healing dry skin and itchy scalp. The Harmonic Healing Oil is anti-inflammatory and promotes hair growth!
- Inner Peace Whipped Texturizer (C) is by far my favorite product in the Innersense Beauty line. It is a lightweight flexible styling cream that perfectly defines and separates my curls. It, too, contains Shea Butter and Fruit Oils that condition the hair while protecting it from humidity (my hair #1 enemy) and controlling frizz.
- I Create Hold is a styling gel packed with antioxidants and ingredients like Honey and Aloe Vera that naturally add hold and shine to your locks!
You might be thinking, "Damn, that's a lot of product" but when you have thick curly hair with high porosity (that soaks up everything), layering products in the L.O.C. method is perfect for my curls. Ever since using Innersense Beauty I have strangers stop where ever I go asking for styling tips and I can honestly say that it's my pleasure to send them directly to the Innersense website. There's no better feeling than supporting a brand that provides high quality, organic hair care products.
What's your favorite hair care line and styling method?! Let me know in the comments below. If you love this post, pin it, share it and comment.