Beetroot Mask: For Rosy Cheeks
As you may or may not know by now, crafting organic face masks that provide my face with a natural glow is one of my favorite hobbies. It's a practice I cultivated to give myself a little T.L.(Self)C. and it's catapulted my self-care practice. My latest recipe for the Beetroot Face Mask is a vibrant concoction that results in rosy cheeks and poppin' skin.
The main ingredient in this face mask is Organic Beetroot Powder. Beetroot is a rich source of iron, vitamins and minerals that give your skin a healthy glow while gently exfoliating. It's also extremely effective at removing dark under-eye circles and puffiness.
Organic Rose Water is an ingredient I include in my face masks whenever possible. In fact, if the recipe requires water, I use rose water! It's perfect for toning the face, neck, eye area and dry skin! It balances pH levels, acne prone skin, and dark marks. This botanical astringent is perfect for all skin types.
Manuka honey is my go to ingredient to use in all masks! With medicinal and healing properties it's best known for healing acne and scarring, fighting infections, cleaning pores while gently exfoliating, and moisturizing, softening and rejuvenating skin. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and extremely high in antioxidants. I usually purchase mine at Trader Joe’s but it can also be found on Amazon.
Lastly, is fresh lemon juice! I use lemons on a daily basis with my hot water in the AM and it's quickly becoming a staple in my face masks as well. They are high in vitamin C which is great at brightening and evening skin tone. It acts as an anti-bacterial that alleviates acne while exfoliating skin. It's also amazing at reducing acne scars.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Wash your hands and apply it to a clean face with a brush.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes or until dry.
- Wash with warm water, an oil based cleanser and a wash cloth that you don't mind staining.
- This mask yields about two servings and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- It's always crucial to tone and moisturize your face whenever you apply a face mask. My favorites are the SunKiss Organics Carrotseed Serum (moisturizer/cleanser duo) and SunKiss Organics Aloe Rose Toner.
Loved this receipe?! Like it, Share it & Pin it!