7 Healthy Weight Loss Tips
Ladies, please tell me I'm not the only one who struggles to lose those last 10-15 lbs? Ten years ago I could eat whatever I wanted and the only form of exercise I engaged in was walking to the corner store for a Hershey bar. I know, I was terribly unhealthy! But as a holistic health coach, I've learned 7 tips for healthy, sustainable weight loss and I cannot wait to share them with you all.
As a health coach, I cannot in good conscience give you these 7 Tips for Healthy Weight Loss without saying that the reason you would like to lose weight is crucial and should go deeper than actually losing the weight! Your WHY is the key to establishing any healthy habit! Listen, girl, if you're simply trying to lose weight to get your Summer body on point - I hate to break it to you but- it won't last.
You will gain the weight again because you haven't done the internal work that explains why you want to lose the weight. Weight loss for me admittedly means being able to finally fit into my favorite jeans again. But it also means preventing diseases such as Heart Disease and Cancer because they're the top killers of Black women and Latinas in the U.S. It also means preventing diabetes, which runs HEAVY in my family.
Now that you know my why, it's time to dig a little deeper. Discover what brings you JOY and happiness, and how weight loss can be a part of that! And if you're looking for a little inspiration to dig deeper into your why, read the article by the woman who wrote these prompts during her weight loss journey:
In what ways am I really aligned with my soul and my true self?
What in my life feels off, heavy, or draining?
When was a time that I listened to an intuitive pull from my soul—even if it didn’t make practical sense—and it turned out amazing?
What do I want to do more of in my life?
What do I want to do less of in my life?
What are three activities that truly make me happy? How often do I do these?
What is one thing I need more than anything?
When did I feel most alive? What was I doing? Who was I with?
In my ideal life, this is what I’d be wearing, what I’d be doing in my free time, what I’d be doing for work, what time I would wake up, what my home would look like?
You've gone deep, you know your why and you're ready to kick your weight loss journey into high gear- GOOD! My 7 Healthy Weight Loss Tips are simple, easy to do and over time become second nature if you stick with them.
7 Healthy Weight Loss Tips
- Cut Sugars, Starches & Processed Foods. Decreasing your sugar, starchy and processed foods intake will SERIOUSLY help you lose weight. I can't emphasize this enough! Sugars, starches and processed foods are loaded with unnecessary calories and tend to spike your glucose levels making your body crave more sugary, processed and starchy foods. Talk about a vicious cycle! Decreasing your consumption of these foods automatically reduces your carb intake allowing your body to release water weight and decrease bloating. Talk about a win-win!
- Eat Protein, Fats, and Vegetables! Every single one of your meals should have a source of protein, fat, and vegetables. Eating an adequate amount of protein promote weight loss by satiating hunger and curving late night cravings. It's also extremely important to load your plate with low carb vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, kale, spinach, and cabbage while incorporating healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado oil, and olive oil.
- Weight Lift Like a Girl! You've probably heard the old myth that weightlifting will make you look masculine and manly. As you've probably already guessed that is a major lie and a harmful one at that! Weightlifting 3-4 times a week is proven to burn calories and fat effectively during and after your workout! Fitness Blender has some of my all-time favorite FREE weightlifting channels.
- Drink 2 Liters of Water Per day! Studies have shown that drinking a glass of water 30-minutes before each meal increases weight loss by 44%. Doing so decreases your hunger by making you feel fuller. Drinking plenty of water in a day also flushes out toxins and helps increase bowel movements.
- Eating mindfully and slowly is proven to decrease weight over time. When you take the time to eat slowly you're more in tune with your body and are better able to discern when you're satiated. According to Forbes "The speed at which one ate had a pretty sizeable effect: people who ate at a normal speed were 29% less likely to be obese than people who ate quickly; people who ate slowly had 42% lower odds of being obese. And interestingly, people who slowed their eating over the study period tended to lose weight over time, as measured by BMI and waist circumference." I think it's time we turn the TV off and eat with a little intention, don't you?
- Drink Weight loss Teas. Drinking weight loss teas has a similar effect as drinking water 30-minutes prior to each meal. But it has the added bonus of ingredients such as ginger, green tea and more to increase metabolism while pushing toxins out of your body. I recommend doing your research and finding a tea that is organic, has incredible reviews and happy clients. Don't be afraid to ask the company, and clients, as many questions as you need before you decide on one.
- Good news- Sleeping helps you lose weight! If you think I'm kidding, guess again. Your quality of sleep is directly correlated with your weight gain and weight loss. Less sleep means a slower metabolism, less impulse control and a higher chance of having an insulin resistance. Not only are you too tired to exercise when you're short on sleep but you will begin to crave sugary and starchy foods for a quick fix of energy.
So let's hear it! Are you ready to jump-start your weight loss with these 7 healthy weight loss tips? Tell me which tips you like the most below, and don't forget to share with your friends!
Are you interested in working with a Health Coach who understands what it's like to be completely overwhelmed, overweight, and exhausted? I'm your girl!
I know what's like to want to practice self-care but not have time. What's it's like to care about your eating habits, weight and lifestyle but not have direction or someone to keep me accountable. And let's just say it's much easier when you have someone on your team.
I WOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU CREATE THE LIFE OF YOUR DREAMS!
Check out my services and let's arrange your FREE Wellness Consultation today!