5 Period Products That Will Ease Your Menstrual Cycle
Period gotcha down? Let's remedy that RIGHT NOW! I've compiled a list of 5-period products to ease your menstrual cycle and help you fall in love with your special time of the month.
Let's make this clear-your menstrual cycle doesn't have to be a source of pain and discomfort! Experiencing PMS, cramps, and moodiness is common but by no means is it normal. Whether you suffer from endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or extremely heavy painful bleeding- these 5-period products should help ease your discomfort. To learn more about the four phases of the menstrual cycle and how you can support yourself, click here.
1. THINX Period panties might be the most revolutionary period product I've encountered in my entire life. Okay- that might sound a bit dramatic but hear me out. My life before THINX panties meant carrying 4 tampons around (PER DAY!) in my purse. Why? Cause you never know when your period is going to rampant and bleed through all of your protection. Life after period panties means walking around with one organic tampon in my purse just in case and because Period PTSD is REAL but never actually needing to use it.
THINX sells period panties for when your flow is heavy, medium or light as a feather, and may I just say- THEY ARE CUTE AS HELL! And comfy, so damn comfy. I sleep in them, I exercise in them and happily live in them during my menstrual cycle. I purchased 3 because I'm extra AF! I wash pair #1 which I've used during the day (yes- ONE-period panty lasts all day) and sleep in pair #2. By the time I wake up, pair #1 is dry, I wash pair #2 and rock pair #3 because they're hella cute! Do yourself a favor, and buy all the THINX panties. I don't know what I'd do without them!
2. The Fertile Alchemy Aromatic Oil smells like the bottled essence of the Feminine Divine! Handcrafted by the hands of a majestic reiki practicing Black woman, the fertility oil is designed to promote relaxation, emotional wellness, hormonal balance, fertility, and PMS relief. Bri Braggs seriously blessed women when she conjured up the Fertile Alchemy Aromatic Oil. Here's how it works:
- For PMS relief: Apply 4-6 drops of oil to the palms of your hands and rub together until warm. Generously apply the oil to your abdomen with loving intention.
- For the promotion of hormonal balance & fertility: With fertile intentions apply this aromatic oil to your neck and inner ankles twice daily.
3. TEA! TEA! TEA! Need I say more? Tea might be one of the most underrated period products ever! There's a reason why throughout history a variety of teas are suggested for everything from colds to PMS symptoms- it freaken works! Especially when the right blend of herbal teas are combined to create a kick-ass menstrual cycle tea like the Healthy Cycle Tea by Traditional Medicinals. It's combination of herbs like nettle leaf, raspberry leaf, chamomile flower and few other herbs that are known to alleviate PMS symptoms like cramping, vomiting, diarrhea and more. The Healthy Cycle tea is a true game changer if your menstrual cycle is debilitating in any way.
4. Have you ever felt a soul crushing cramp slowly possessing your body and instinctively taken a long deep breath to ease the pain? So have I! So often in fact that I decided to do a little research and found that intentional breath-work in combination with meditation can physically alleviate PMS symptoms. Meditation it's not only good for your mind but for your body as well! It's believed that meditation eases PMS symptoms by reducing anxiety and stress, and that is most effective on women with severe symptoms. Whether you practice transcendental meditation, guided meditation or my absolute favorite Beditations by self-care maven, celebrity doula and Founder of Mama Glow Latham Thomas, your mind and body will reap the benefits of zenning out! And if I may say so myself, there's nothing more peaceful than laying in the comfort of my bed when experiencing cramps and listening breathing through the discomfort while listening to my Beditations audio.
5. And last but not least, do women actually experience cramping without applying some heat? A heat pad is not only my bestie of the period products when I am on my menstrual cycle, but is the perfect addition to any of the period products above. My extra large heated pad is seriously the perfect companion when experiencing pain because applying heat is believed "help to relax the myometrium, reducing constriction of blood vessels and improving blood flow to the uterus." A 2012 study focusing on women ages 18-30 years old showed that applying a heat pad at 104F was as effective as ibuprofen. I can vividly remember being 13-years old with excruciating pain and only finding comfort in my trusted heated pad which along with tea, are the OG of natural period products.
Our menstrual cycles are sacred! The rituals we partake in during our menstrual cycle dictate the tone of our entire month, which is why I take the period products I rely upon during my cycle very seriously. Picture this: I finish sipping on a hot cup of Healthy Cycle tea, gently rub the Fertile Alchemy Aromatic Oil on my abdomen, place a heat pad on my womb, lay in bed in my THINX panties, and hit play on my Beditations audio- talk about menstrual cycle bliss! (Okay- more like every damn Sunday bliss!)
Did you enjoy this article? If so, share with your lady friends and tell me, what are your favorite period products?
Are you interested in working with a Health Coach who understands what it's like to be completely overwhelmed, overweight, and exhausted? I'm your girl!
I know what's like to want to practice self-care but not have time. What's it's like to care about your eating habits, weight and lifestyle but not have direction or someone to keep me accountable. And let's just say it's much easier when you have someone on your team.
I WOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU CREATE THE LIFE OF YOUR DREAMS!
Check out my services and let's arrange your FREE Wellness Consultation today!