The Best Weight Loss Exercises for Women
Over the years I've made it my mission to find fun effective weight loss exercises without going to the gym. Whether it's an online kickboxing class, high-intensity interval training or some heavy duty weight lifting, if I can do it at home- I am all about it!
Below are the best weight loss exercises I've learned with fun tutorials and workouts by a few kick-ass women that you can easily follow from the comfort of your home or gym.
1. Kick Boxing is one of the hardest but also most engaging ways to burn fat, lose weight and have fun while working out. There is a variety of kickboxing combinations out there that increase your heart rate while toning your body but the video below is by far one of the most entertaining and effective kickboxing videos I've done at home. It's short and sweet, and your muscles will be crying for days with this one.
2. Jump Squats aren't the easiest exercise but weight loss and fat burn is the name of the game, and when you're working so many muscles you'll burn fat even after your workout is complete. Jump Squats increase your heart rate and target your quads, hamstrings and glutes all at once making it the perfect total body exercise for those with limited time on their hands.
3. As an Afro-Latina Dancing is a major part of my culture and as they say it's in my blood. There was no way I wasn't going to include a good dancing session as a great exercise for weight loss and fat burning! Dancing not only improves your social skills when done with others but improves the condition of your heart, lungs, muscle tone, bones, and coordination. Below is a fun Hip-Hop dance that incorporates effective exercises easily done at home.
4. Oh Burpees how I hate and love them! From the moment I did my first burpee, I knew it would be a workout that I would always include in my exercises. Why? My muscles burned so hard, and I was so out of breath, I knew it was effective. Burpees are infamous for targeting your core, chest, and legs simultaneously.
5. Weight lifting has been stereotypically categorized as the perfect exercise for men but the reality is that women can benefit in major ways from pumping iron. Weight training burns more calories and has been proven to raise your metabolism for up to 24 hours after a workout. It prevents injury and osteoporosis, increases fat burning, and it enhances your mood and reduces stress. With that said go ahead and purchase a set of dumbbells and get your weight lifting on with the video below.
6. Lunges can vary in a variety of ways but they all target your lower body. Forward lunges work your glutes, hamstrings, quads and even your abdomen when done properly for maximum burn. Below is the perfect tutorial for those who need to learn the basics of lunging.
7. Tabata High-Intensity Interval Workout is one of the most brutal but rewarding workouts I've ever done. Tabata HIIT workouts were discovered in Japan by a team of researchers who studied two groups of people. Group 1 exercised 5 times a week for one hour over a period of 6 weeks. Group 2 exercised 4 times a week doing 8 rounds of exercises for 4 minutes and 20 seconds with 10 seconds rest in between over a period of 6 weeks.
Group 1 improved their cardiovascular system with little results or improvement in their muscles. Group 2 displayed a greater increase in their cardiovascular system than Group 1 in addition to a 28% increase in their muscles. Proving that HIIT exercises such as Tabata prove are more effective at burning fat and increasing weight loss. Below you'll find one of my all time favorite Tabata HIIT workouts- enjoy!
Well, there you have it, ladies! My secret to working out year round without leaving the comfort of my home or spending 2-hours enduring N.Y.C. public transit. What other weight loss exercises do you recommend? Let me know in the comments below, and don't forget to share with the women in your life that could use a quick yet effective at home work out regimen!
Are you interested in working with a Health Coach who understands what it's like to be completely overwhelmed, overweight, and exhausted? I'm your girl!
I know what's like to want to practice self-care but not have time. What's it's like to care about your eating habits, weight and lifestyle but not have direction or someone to keep me accountable. And let's just say it's much easier when you have someone on your team.
I WOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU CREATE THE LIFE OF YOUR DREAMS!
Check out my services and let's arrange your FREE Wellness Consultationtoday!